Sub Menu
Suche

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Innocent until Client Analyzer proves them leecher

BeitragAuthor: jerrybg » Sa 28. Nov 2009, 10:48

[url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=86810]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]
i don't like uploading to a client which uses a bad mod even if this client is a real good uploader

So you don't want to upload to uploaders? So you want to behave like a leecher yourself?

Why ? Because they are using bad mods(violation of the GPL, some kind of bad features etc.), we should punish them. . . I mostly(can't detect all of them) want to upload clean clients.

Tell me, why some of you include AJ (or some other mods) detection on your mods ?

@bebabob:[/b] could you check your badguys for the most frequevent reason of CA punishment ?(in client detaails)

jerrybg
Hat den Dreh raus

BeitragAuthor: Bebabob » Sa 28. Nov 2009, 11:05

could you check your badguys for the most frequevent reason of CA punishment ?(in client detaails)

Mainly bad UL/DL ratio and also XS.

Bebabob
Frischling

BeitragAuthor: jerrybg » Sa 28. Nov 2009, 11:28

<div class='quotetop'>ZITAT
could you check your badguys for the most frequevent reason of CA punishment ?(in client detaails)

Mainly bad UL/DL ratio and also XS.
[/quote]

then stay calm, even regular client can get "bad UL/DL" and unfortunately even "fast XS"

-bad UL/DL is usually only temporary and last only until the clients UL/DL ratio get's into allowed values

-fast XS, i have most of the time almost half the known client list punished for this , tho' it's not my place to say or comment this, i'll just say that WiZaRd did some revision of this "fast ask" business for the future version of CA, so .. stay tuned 

AND ... i believe your contribution is APPRECIATED  Bild

jerrybg
Hat den Dreh raus

BeitragAuthor: Stulle » Sa 28. Nov 2009, 11:36

if it's the user who is doing the leecher why would anybody care to grant the user even more features he can use in a bad way? like manual reask, kick/ban from upload and stuff like that... there ain't no sane reason so there ain't no reason to be producing bad mods.

Stulle
Forenlegende

BeitragAuthor: jerrybg » Sa 28. Nov 2009, 12:04

if it's the user who is doing the leecher why would anybody care to grant the user even more features he can use in a bad way? like manual reask, kick/ban from upload and stuff like that... there ain't no sane reason so there ain't no reason to be producing bad mods.

people aren't always sane, so there is a reason, some people simply likes to have more control(even if they do not know what are they doing) , to have more power ...

but some people only likes the way that or that mod client was put together, the combination of features, and so on, and if the bad features aren't hardcoded, some don't even touch these features, imagine someone sitting behind his mule and for 8 hours doing manual reask and kick/ban Bild  

hehe, you are ofcourse right, some features ARE insane

jerrybg
Hat den Dreh raus

BeitragAuthor: WiZaRd » Mo 30. Nov 2009, 17:27

The original intent of the CA was to create a system that does not punish clients that CAN be used in a bad way but are actually used in a good way. This is the case for e.g. some releaser mods but it is NOT the case for the AJ clients. They contain bad features and they are "automated", e.g. the community might/might not be hardcoded in way that a normal user cannot detect it but there's no way to actually check what Ekliptor did while raping the eMule sourcecode and violating the GPL - this is why I included a basic GPL-breaker detection for all AJ clients to prevent them from getting anything off us and also sending them the GPL-breaker-nick so they hopefully switch to a good mod.

About the original post: the CA UL/DL weighting is different from the one you can see in eMule. Anyhow, if a clients' rating is <1 (default score, e.g. for new clients) then it gets the skull icon. Any new client will have a higher rating and thus a higher chance to get a slot in upload - doesn't that suffice?
Bild

... 9 von 10 Stimmen im meinem Kopf sagen ich bin nicht verrückt... - die 10te summt die Melodie von TETRIS
WiZaRd
Forenlegende

BeitragAuthor: Bebabob » Mo 30. Nov 2009, 22:45

About the original post: the CA UL/DL weighting is different from the one you can see in eMule. Anyhow, if a clients' rating is <1 (default score, e.g. for new clients) then it gets the skull icon. Any new client will have a higher rating and thus a higher chance to get a slot in upload - doesn't that suffice?

In theory it would, but whenever I sort known clients primarily on status (to get the queued ones) and secondarily on transferred up (to get the clients who have benefited the most from my upload) I get skulls on top and, after the skulls, guys who got zero or very little from me. eg:

Bild

Wouldn't be better for some of the uploaded data gone to skulls be given to the still innocent guys at the bottom ?

Bebabob
Frischling

Vorherige

Zurück zu Entwicklung